The Town of Roanoke is represented at the local level by a five member elected Town Council. They meet at the Town Hall (141 W. Third St. Roanoke, IN 46783) on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6pm.
If you would like to attend a Town Council meeting, you are very welcome, all the regular meetings are open to the public. Near the beginning of each meeting, there is a time set aside for Citizen Comments and any citizen can speak and their comments can be considering and addressed by the full Town Council.
TOWN COUNCIL MEMBERS
RYAN CARROLL Council President - 260-672-3451
TROY KARSHNER Council Vice President
SARAH MILTON Town Clerk/Treasurer (not a Council Member) 260-672-8116
KAY MOORE Deputy Clerk/Treasurer (not a Council Member)
PHILIP E. HIBBERT Superintendent (not a Council Member)
Office: 260-672-8116 Cell: 260-557-2930
DAVE MEITZLER Council Member - 260-704-4816
PAM PARKER Council Member - 260-452-6418
JOAN ABBOTT Council Member
With its nearness to Fort Wayne and to Huntington, Indiana, Roanoke has a small town feel with access to big city amenities. Here are just a few
- Roanoke is centrally located to key transportation-US 24 is a block away from our central district;
- Less than three miles away from Interstate 69.
- We are ten miles away from an International Airport
- Less than a mile from the central downtown business district.
- Our elementary school has received the prestigious “four star rating” from the state of Indiana 3
- Roanoke is home to Joseph Decuis, a four diamond rated restaurant which has received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator Magazine for five consecutive years.
- Roanoke has affordable housing with average home costs of $135,000.
- Roanoke residents and businesses have access to high speed internet service.
- Commercial property is available in high traffic areas that have 15,000 vehicles pass by daily.
- Roanoke promotes and provides access for its residents to a healthy living environment with walking clubs, yoga classes, fitness instruction, sustainable and organic farming, and nutritional seminars.
- Roanoke promotes a number of family oriented community events each year including Taste of Roanoke, the Roanoke Fall Festival, Roanoke Farmers' Market, and Christmas in the Village.
- The Roanoke Park is one of the finest facilities for sports and recreation in the area.
Places of Worship
Roanoke has no shortage of places to worship and celebrate faith with a community. Check out this list below to see where you can attend a worship service.