With its nearness to Fort Wayne and to Huntington, Indiana, Roanoke has a small town feel with access to big city amenities. Here are just a few:
- Roanoke is centrally located to key transportation-US 24 is a block away from our central district;
- it is less than three miles away from Interstate 69. We are ten miles away from an International
- Airport and railway access is less than a mile from the central downtown business district.
- Our elementary school has received the prestigious “four star rating” from the state of Indiana 3
- out of the last 10 years.
- Roanoke is home to Joseph Decuis, a four diamond rated restaurant which has received the
- Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator Magazine for five consecutive years.
- Roanoke has affordable housing with average home costs of $135,000.
- Roanoke residents and businesses have access to high speed internet service.
- Commercial property is available in high traffic areas that have 15,000 vehicles pass by daily.
- Roanoke promotes and provides access for its residents to a healthy living environment with
- walking clubs, yoga classes, fitness instruction, sustainable and organic farming, and nutritional
- Roanoke promotes a number of family oriented community events each year including the
- Patriotic Pops Concert, the Taste of Roanoke, the Roanoke Fall Festival, the Roanoke Farmer's
- Market, and Christmas in the Village.
- The Roanoke Park is one of the finest facilities for sports and recreation in the area.
NIPSCO 1-800-464-7726 http://nipsco.com
AEP 1-877-237-2886 http://aep.com
REMC 1-260-758-3155 x 30 http://www.heartlandremc.com
Phone and Internet Service
Frontier 1-855-668-5959 http://internet.frontier.com
Hughesnet internet service
Comcast 1-260-456-9000 http://comcast.com
Water, Sewer, and Trash
Roanoke Utilities 1-260-672-8116 x 1